We sell quartz countertops to the public, for residential and commercial properties.
Are you looking to install quartz countertops in your home or commercial building? With over 11 years of experience in fabricating and installing countertops, we love to make you happy and your home beautiful! When the time comes to update or get new countertops, why should you choose quartz as your stone selection?
How quartz is made:
Quartz is made from quarried slabs of natural stone, or ground, natural quartz with a five percent (5%) polymer resins ratio and different amounts of pigments to give it color. The result is a super-hard, low-maintenance, natural stone-look countertop available in a dazzling array of colors. Once created, quartz doesn’t need to be sealed again as it is virtually maintenance free.
Colors, Styles, and Finishes:
Quartz comes in all colors, solids, with flecks, swirls and random patterning to make it almost indistinguishable from the real thing. There are an overabundance of different styles, colors, textures and other options to choose when it comes to quartz.
The different finishes are: polished, honed, leathered, antique, sandblasted or embossed finishes.
These visual characteristics are brought to life by the stone cutting and polishing techniques used upon them, but each also has innate qualities inherent to the stone.
There are many benefits that quartz offers which is why it is very popular.
- It has a natural brilliance and luster that really stands out in any room.
- Quartz countertops resist staining and corrosion from cooking oils, liquids and most household cleaning products. Quartz isn’t porous like other stone surfaces so it does not stain.
- No need for sealing the surface of the countertops once it is created. However, it can be damaged by excessive heat due to the burning of the resin in the countertop. Keep that in mind because if the spot is damaged by excessive heat, it can change the color of the countertop. **Homeowners should use trivets or heating pads when cooking with hot pots and pans.**
- Although quartz is susceptible to heat damage, it is very scratch resistant as it is made from one of the hardest materials on Earth. It is the most durable countertop option available.
- Quartz is also great for cooking as the surface is anti-microbial and inhibits mold and bacteria from growing and contaminating your food.
- Quartz is very easy to clean. All you have to do is use soap and water to clean the surface and you will have clean countertops. The surface will last a very long time and does not require resealing like marble countertops.
The price for quartz is more expensive than most other materials as the design is hard to create. When quartz first came out, there were only a few sizes in the slabs, which could affect the project due to having to buy multiple slabs. With quartz being so popular, distribution centers are making quartz slabs in different sizes to accommodate the larger projects with fewer slabs.
If you want to get quartz countertops in the Dallas area for your home or building, contact us at (214) 957-8077 or fill out the form to the right and we will come out to your location for a free estimate! We will be happy to help you out with any questions that you may have.
Serving the Dallas/Fort Worth area, A Joy of Granite has been offering granite and other natural stone countertops since 2005. We make getting countertops easy and stress free on your part as we have many years of experience! We love to go the extra mile to make you happy.